Once you have selected an appraiser, be prepared to answer
questions and provide requested information.
- What is the purpose of the appraisal?
- When is the required completion date of the appraisal?
- Is property listed for sale and if so, for how much and with
- Is there a mortgage? If so, with whom, when placed, for how
much, type of mortgage [FHA, VA etc.], interest rate, and any
other types of financing.
- What personal property, such as appliances, are included ?
- If it is an income producing property, provide a breakdown of
income and expenses for the last year or two and a copy of leases.
- Provide a copy of deed, survey, purchase agreement or other
pertinent papers pertaining to the property.
- Provide a copy of current real estate tax bill, statement of
special assessments, balance owing and on what [sewer, water,